Youth Homelessness Matters Day is the one day of the year you can be involved in ending youth homelessness.
Youth Homelessness Matters Day is an annual Australia-wide campaign which attempts to bring the issues regarding youth homelessness into the public arena as well as providing ways for the general public to become involved.
The aims of YHMD are to:
- Raise public awareness about youth homelessness and the factors that cause it. Most people have an image of homelessness as being about older people sleeping rough on the streets. Youth homelessness is everyone’s business.
- Celebrate the resilience of young people to convey a message that young people experiencing homelessness are homeless, but not helpless! YHMD aims to communicate that with good support and accommodation young people can move forward and live their lives productively.
- Provide opportunities for wider public support for the ‘cause’. This encourages a wider responsibility for the issue of youth homelessness and aims to build sponsorship capacity for the sector.
- Maintain and better position the profile of youth homelessness as a priority issue on the National and State policy and political agenda.
- Contribute to the work of ending youth homelessness in Australia.
Become a partner
Are you a nationally recognised youth organisation? Do you want to become part of a campaign to change the lives of young people throughout Australia? Click here to inquire about the exciting opportunities we have available for this year's campaign.
Become a supporter
Have you been involved with YHMD for a number of years? Are you a smaller service looking to raise awareness in your local community? We're currently building a list of supporter organisations that believe in YHMD and want to show their support. Click here to inquire about how to get on board.
Access our Campaign Kit 2014
Become an activist
In 2013, YHMD is engaging passionate individuals like never before. If you're interested in donating some of your time to the national campaign and changing young people's lives, please email email@example.com.
Become an advocate
Have an iPhone? Want to spend 5 minutes helping to end youth homelessness? Sign up to the above newsletter and like us on Facebook so you can save the world with your fingertips on YHMD 2014. We'll update you with what to do closer to the day but sign-up now to make sure you don't miss out.